Ingredients for Gingerbread Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ¾ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside.
- In another medium bowl beat eggs slightly and stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Pour a little batter onto the Pammed, preheated waffle iron . Close lid quickly and do not open until the waffle is done. Repeat with remaining batter and serve warm.
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce
- 7 oz. organic cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Enough water to just barely cover the cranberries.
- Place cranberries and water in a pot and place on high heat. Cover until it begins to boil.
- Stir in the sugar and reduce heat to high/medium and keep covered until it forms a jelly.
- Remove from heat and let a cool a little.
- Serve warm atop warm Gingerbread waffles.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Picture hosted on Pix-O-Sphere